I never considered myself a procrastinator but blogs do not lie. I have not been consistent with blogging and I have started more projects than I have finished. I am grateful I have been exercising regularly. However, my discipline with eating and exercise is irregular.
So, how do you stay motivated? Believe it or not, I have been trained by the best on what to do but how do I make myself do it? Let’s see how you make it out with the following tips;
1) Take time to plan out your day. Put an appointment on your calendar each morning for five minutes to write down your goals for the day.
2) Stay inspired. Sometimes you may feel as though life is just too tough. During these times, it is important to stay enthused. Grab a newspaper, magazine or book with inspiring stories of people who have overcome great obstacles.
3) Find out what motivates you. Different things motivate different people. Make a list of your top motivators and put them in an easily accessible place. When you feel discouraged, pull out your list and remind yourself why you do what you do.
4) Remember education is just one part of being motivated. Motivation gives you the “want to.” Training and education give you the “how to.” Make a list of 10 things you have learned in school or in training classes. Next to each item, write an example of how you can apply that each day to your business and personal life. At the bottom of the page, write “I Will Apply What I Learn!”
5) Get an accountability partner. We all need other people to motivate us sometimes. Make a list of three people in your life who you could ask to encourage you. Tell them that you need an “accountability partner” to encourage you to stay positive and keep moving in the right direction.
6) Celebrate the victories. Celebrate your accomplishments and enjoy the moment by rewarding yourself for a job well done. Share your success by giving credit (and rewards) to those around you who have helped you succeed.
My fellow bloggers, hold me accountable to my advice. Email me at email@example.com if you don’t see me in the blogosphere for an extended period of time and I will do the same for you. Now get to work!